I did some drawing this week so should have a few posts of sketches some time soon. But for now I decided to do a little post about some things I am using a lot recently including some things I have been obsessed with for years. Most of them are reasonably priced, easy to get and FABULOUS.1. Glow by Topshop, a moussey alternative to Benefit's high beam
2. Swiss O Par Eyebrow Dye in Brown - Love this stuff, works instantly just like in the salon, lasts a long time and costs around €10 in all good chemists!
3. So words really can't describe the wonderfulness of Stila Convertible Colour. I have had it for about 5 years in two colors Gerbera and Gladiola and only now am at a stage where I need to buy more. It's so pigmented that you need a tiny amount and it gives the nicest blush I've ever seen. That's saying something because I am obsessed with blusher. Unfortunately they no longer stock Stila ANYWHERE!! Online they only ship to US and Japan so your best best is a website like Beauty Bay .
4. St Tropez Tanning Mousse - worth waiting to purchase because they tend to do big discounts every now and then in the independent pharmacies and smaller chains. I have been using this for years, just like the color and fool proof application.
5. Maybelline Gel Liner - this product is SOOOO good, its so much easier to use that most liquid eyeliners so you can get that perfect flick. It's also quite long lasting. The secret is in the brush so try not to lose it as I have!
6. Mac Concealer - I have been using these little pots of concealer since I was about 15 and they are so good for a whole array of uses from spots and blemishes to stubborn redness to under-eye circles etc. Mix with your foundation for extra coverage or dab on imperfections without foundation for a more natural look.
7. Labello Lip Balm - A classic! Love the texture, smell, everything! It actually does work on really chapped lips which so many similar and more pricey products don't.
8. This has been a revelation of 2011 for me! Its a divine-smelling sticky, waxy product that I use in wet hair to create the most lovely waves and curls. My hair has a natural wave but no product - mousse, Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray etc - has ever made my hair look this good. I had so many compliments after I started using it. It's super cheap (around €3 and often on special offer in super markets like Tesco), easy to find and you only use a tiny bit at a time because it can make your hair hard so it lasts for ages!
9. Barry M Nail Polishes - Have them in lots of colors, solid and the cracking 'Nail Effects' variety. They're an excellent reasonably priced option and come in all the trendy colors.
10. Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - PRICEY but sooo good. I am naturally super pale and this is the only foundation I have found that has ever truly been pale enough for me, including Mac NC15 products! Has a wonderful formulation as well, medium but buildable coverage so with a few layers it has FULL coverage but somehow the natural look of the skin shines through and it never looks caked. LOVE IT. Also lasts long because you don't need to use much of the product at a time.